The Space Technology Center (STC) was established in 2000 to lead on the transfer and adaptation of advances in space sciences and technologies.
In view of the FU Trustee Board Meeting held in May 2012, STC was renamed as Kush Institute for Space Technology (KIST) to expand its mandates and operations to raise the level of awareness of space science and technologies for the community and implement new and emerging space-related projects and programs at FU and its international partners.
On behalf of the faculty,staff and partners of KIST, we welcome you to visit us at our office at FU Sudan for any space science and technology applications we can offer. We hope you can support us so that we can really promote the advances and applications of science and technologies in the community for sustainable development.
Vision and Mission
To become a center of excellence in Sudan and the sub-African region for applied research, engineering and training on space sciences and ICT-based geoinformatics technologies for sustainable development.
- To conduct basic and applied research in space technology and related fields;
- To provide training and consultancy services for local and international entities;
- To provide technical support to projects and space technology infrastructure development;
- To foster technology transfer to Sudan through collaborations with local and international centers;
- To generate funds and resources from local and international donors through home-grown or joint research and capacity building proposals.
- Remote Sensing Authority, Sudan
- Geological Research Authority, Sudan
- Locally based UN agencies
- Private agencies
- Boston University, Center for Remote Sensing, USA
- OrbiSat Company of Brazil,
- The International Cousteau Society
- Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Regional Center of Mapping of Resources and Development, Kenya
- UN-OOSA, Vienna; UN-SPIDER Project
Dr.Nour Eldin M. Elshaiekh, Dean Faculty of Computer Science, Mr. Nadir Farah, ICDL center Manager and Dr.Khalid Ibrahim, recently has published a journal paper entitled “The Role Of Knowledge Based System In Sudanese Higher Education Institutions”. 11-10-2013
The FU conducted a knowledge management Seminar last September 4, 2013 at Omdurman Hall, and invited one of the gurus of Knowledge Management field Prof Peter Charles Woods, Director of Knowledge Management Centre, Multimedia University, Malaysia. 08-09-2013
Dr. Nour Eldin M. Elshaiekh, the Dean of the faculty of Computer Science presented a Conference paper entitled “Arabic Mathematical Symbol insertion Application system using Arabic Pack for Math Type software”. 31-07-2013
There is no events.